This day gives us an excuse to celebrate all of the love & light in our worlds – including the love and light within ourselves
Celebrate by practicing self care and treating yoself !!
Need some ideas? here are 10!
1. take a luxurious bath
2. open a nice bottle of red wine
3. do some yoga!!
4. do a face mask
5. take up a new hobby (like cross-stitch)
6. watch the sunset
7. call your mom + tell her you love her
8. paint your nails
9. watch the notebook or dirty dancing
10. buy yourself a gift!
I’m sending you all extra love today
I have always found that it’s important to have a good breakfast bar recipe up my sleeve.
Whether you want a quick grab and go breakfast or you need to meal prep for traveling, they’re constantly coming in handy.
I decided to take it to the next level and make a regular blueberry breakfast bar gluten free and vegan as well as jam packed with super foods!
One of my favorite components of this recipe is ashwaghanda powder. Ashwaghanda is an adaptogenic mushroom commonly used in Eastern healing techniques including Ayurveda. It has countless beneficial properties, it’s known for being anti-inflammatory, reducing stress and anxiety, balancing hormones, and even fighting cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and asthma.
Besides being amazingly nutritious fuel for your bod, these taste great and will last for about a week after you make them!
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (let them thaw a little)
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Almond Butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of old fashioned, gluten free oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut butter *optional
- 2 teaspoons ashwaghanda (I use TerraSoul superfoods) *optonal
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder (I use Sun Warrior in Vanilla Plus) *optional – can be replaced with extra oats
Let frozen blueberries thaw out – once thawed loosely mix in flaxmeal and chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate the oats in half – blend one half of the oats on high until they form a flour like powder
- Mash bananas
- Combine all ingredients until dough forms
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with oil spread crust in a firm layer on the bottom, setting aside about 1/3 cup to put on top
- Pour the blueberry topping evenly over the crust and add leftover crust batter on top
- Bake 25 minutes – then drizzle melted almond butter over top and sprinkle with more cinnamon
- bake another 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool and enjoy!
These are the perfect treat for a quick blast of energy on-the-go or in the morning. The first time I made them was before a quick camping trip and they were a great, healthy alternative for granola bars or breakfast muffins.
There are many ways you can personalize these as well, for instance you could add coconut to the topping or replace the blueberries with raspberries!