Eat like a mermaid, feel like a mermaid as I like to say!
Smoothie bowls are probably my favorite way to consume large varieties of super foods. They also look pretty which is half the fun!
Smoothies are perfect for adding things like spirulina, flax meal, adaptogens/mushrooms, collagen, and more because their flavors and textures mask all the powdered superfoods!
I made this one by simply blending the following ingredients in my nutri bullet:
- .5 banana
- a handful of frozen cauliflower
- two handfuls of spinach
- a teaspoon of spirulina (by Aspen Naturals)
- vanilla plant protein powder (by Sun Warrior)
- a half tablespoon of matcha powder
- a third teaspoon of ashwaghanda powder (by Terra Soul Superfoods)
- a half tablespoon of flaxseed meal
- .2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
if you want to thicken it, just add more ice or frozen cauliflower!
On top, I added coconut/chia granola, coconut flakes, goji berries, chia seeds, shelled hemp seeds, and almond butter!
The best part about smoothie bowls is adding whatever you want on top